Is your home or apartment more cozy than the pictures convey? You have to think… Why are they buying the house? What are they looking for in the house? And do your pictures show the best possible image of your home to buyers? If you’re having trouble with your digital photos, MSN Real Estate has comprised a list of 6 tips for drawing in buyers through your photos online. This is especially applicable to anyone using Craigslist or the TourVista Craigslist templates.
- Lighten up your subject – don’t take photos at night or try to use dramatic lighting. The clearer and the more professional looking, the better the photo.
- More is better – take as many pictures as possible. The more you show, the more your buyer will feel better about wanting to see the house in person.
- Get a clear shot – clean up your house or have it “staged” for the photos – clean area, no clutter, no trash outside, etc.
- Go Pro – If you can’t seem to take great pictures on your own, consider using TourVista’s Professional Services.
- Give it your best shot – borrow a friend’s camera or try to rent one from a local shop.
- Edit – using Flickr or Photoshop to edit your photos can make a world of difference.