A few things to keep in mind this Halloween:
- If you have an empty home, don’t decorate unless you’re expecting guests
- Beware of potential vandalism in an empty home
- If you have a jack-o-lantern, especially if it’s lit by fire, check on it every time a new trick-or-treater comes to your door
- Lights in the house is an open invite for trick-or-treaters. If you run out of candy, turn the lights off
- There’s safety in numbers. So, go with a group, wear reflective materials, and use flashlights!
Here’s wishing your home and your family a Safe and Happy Halloween from all your friends at TourVista
When you pay attention to the details of your real estate listing, your buyers will too. But when you don’t pay attention to the details, they may end up standing out in a bad way. A few quick care chores to your home such as: touch-up paining, cutting grass, doing the dishes, or hiding the old lawn furniture, can have a lasting impact on your buyers and the way they view your home – or themselves in the home. Don’t cheat yourself when it comes to the value and beauty of your real estate listing. Putting your best home forward will not only bring buyers in the door, but it will ultimately lead to a buyer who will stay (in the door). And this article: Pay attention to buyer turnoffs in your home. will help you anticipate what your buyers are looking for from the moment they walk in.
TourVista’s suggestion: When it comes to your virtual tours and Craiglist adds, do your touch-ups before your photo shoot! Don’t take pictures of a leaking gutter, hole in the wall, or missing woodwork from a door. Take the time and a little extra money to always make sure you’re putting your best home forward. A little love = a buyer loving your listing.
We’ve given our real estate marketing blog some much needed love by adding a few cool social media improvements:
- Notice on the left the super cool social media share box. This makes it a breeze to share a great blog post with your social network. And check out what happens when you scroll the page down… how cool is that! Thanks Sharebar for the great WordPress plugin.
- Next we added a list of Related Posts at the bottom of each post. A great way to showcase useful and related content on our blog.
- In the Comments section there is checkbox for staying in the loop as comments are posted to a conversation — cool.
- And last but not least, at the bottom of each blog post we’ve included links to the next and previous posts for easy browsing.
Now, admittedly, none of the above is that impressive (well, the sharebar one is pretty slick), but the point is (a) that we are continually working to improve our website and blog, and (b) that there are some social media improvements in the works for your virtual tours at TourVista.com.
Here’s a shout out to Grant Walker of Queensland, Australia, for the awesome virtual tour with interactive floor plan. Nicely done Grant!